Jungle Jim’s: Junior Graphic Artist Marketing Intern
Jungle Jim’s International Market is hiring an intern to partner with the Beer and Wine Department and Creative Services Department in order to help promote events and market initiatives more directly to customers. This position will work with both stores, and will require some time on the sales floor as well as in the office, on the computer. Applicants should be 21+.
- Work with the Beer and Wine Departments at both Fairfield and Eastgate in order to ascertain current marketing objectives.
- Liaise between the Beer and Wine Departments and Creative Services in order to implement marketing strategies.
- Canvas customers at events and in the store to gather marketing data.
- Gather and create content for Beer/Wine Newsletters and social media.
- Partner with Creative Services to create unique, engaging design and copy that is relevant to the goals of the Beer and Wine Departments.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient with hand lettering and non-digital art.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
* Capable of working with minimal supervision and on short deadlines.
- Learns quickly and is adaptable to rapid change.
- Able to travel between Eastgate and Fairfield locations, working at least one day a week at each store.
- Experience with marketing strategies and execution.
- Retail experience.
- Knowledge of wine and beer is a plus.
- 20 – 25 hours/week
- Will work with university to accommodate this as college credit.