This is for a 5 hour a week Graphic Design position at the Art Museum.
We would love to recruit a sophomore or junior so that they could stay on through graduation.
Design materials for Miami University Art Museum (MUAM) exhibitions, events and promotions. Typically, the designer works with the MUAM marketing and curatorial staff to create flexible branding schemes for new exhibitions and events. Designed materials range from, but are not limited to: fliers, posters, gallery guides, wall graphics, text panels, art labels, street banners, digital TV slides, digital web banners, gallery listings, etc.
- Advanced skill in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Paragraph styles in InDesign
- Knowledge of typography (basic rules for editorial, large scale, and digital typesetting)
- Designing files for ease of use by others
- Logo and brand development
- Conceptual design
- Mac operating system
- Print experience
- Digital experience
- Project management
- File naming and organization
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
Not Required, But Preferred
- Web design, Cascade in particular
- Directional signage and large scale designs
- Event planning
- Availability over winter and summer terms
Miami University Art Museum
801 S. Patterson Ave
Oxford, OH 45056