Miami Student Magazine Art Director
The Miami Student Magazine is a branch off of The Miami Student that releases every semester. I’m looking for a designer that has a good eye for layout design and good leadership qualities. They’ll be working alongside the Editor in Chief and have their own design team.
The responsibilities are:
· Assigning stories to designers
· Communicate with the authors about visuals
· Designing the cover story and general layout of the magazine
· Working with Editor in Chief to successfully communicate stories with visuals and layout.
· Create an ad campaign alongside the release of the magazine including social media banners and posters.
Current Art Director Alissa Martin would like to select her replacement this semester so that she can show them the ropes before they do this on their own next year. This is a paid position, but right now cannot promise pay during the apprenticeship this semester (working to make it paid this term)
Responsibilities will include:
Presence at weekly meetings / critiques
Communicating visuals and designs to the Art Director and Authors
We’ll be having an informational meeting Thursday, Feb 13th at 6 pm in Armstrong 2053
If anyone interested can’t attend, you don’t need to, it’s strictly informative, just email me if you have questions!
If you’d like to apply email Alissa Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include which position you’re interested in and your portfolio! Deadline to apply is February 21st
Alissa will reach out with further information regarding an interview.