MUF&D Graphic Design Director
The 2021-2022 MUF&D Executive Board Applications are open and we are looking for business-oriented, professional, and creative students to lead the next era of MUF&D!
Miami University Fashion & Design (MUF&D), Miami University’s largest student organization with over 550+ members. MUF&D provides members with real-world experience and professional and creative development opportunities through six committees and 40+ annual events. MUF&D is most known for its annual fashion show that is completely student-run and draws in an audience of over 1,100 in the springtime. MUF&D’s mission is to cultivate passionate, creative student leaders so that we may, collectively, strengthen the movement of fashion and design as a way of expression. Our values include authenticity, community, professional and creative development, entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, and self expression.
2021-2022 GRAPHIC DESIGN DIRECTOR
- Designs all MUF&D graphics including but not limited to – merchandise, t-shirts, print collateral, show invitations, show program booklet, social media advertisements, meeting decks, etc.
- Leads the Graphic Design Committee
- Works extremely closely with PR/Marketing Directors to create promotional material designs
- Must have Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign skills + experience
- Must be able to rapidly update prototype designs based on changing specifications + revisions for continual improvement
- Must demonstrate a passion for + understanding of MUF&D’s brand
- Must have a vision for elevating MUF&D graphics while staying true to its brand
- Must have a high degree of reliability + ability to thrive in a deadline driven position
- Eye for style + aesthetics preferred
As the Graphic Design Director, you will be required to follow the requirements below:
- Must be able to attend + contribute to weekly Executive Board Meetings
- Must be able to dedicate 15+ hours a week to MUF&D
- Must be able to attend + lead:
- Respective Committee Meetings
- All-Org Meetings
- MUF&D Events
- Fashion Week Events
- Annual Fashion Show
- Other applicable meetings with staff, faculty, and members
- Must be passionate about MUF&D’s mission + values
★ APPLICATION PROCESS ★
Due Saturday, April 24 at 11:59pm
★ View descriptions + requirements for each position here
★ Submit this application – apply for up to three positions!
★ Send your Resume + Letter of Recommendation to President/Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org + email@example.com)
★ Letter of Recommendation can be from supervisors, professors, mentors, etc – no family or friends!
★ Sunday, April 25 – Round 1 Results Sent Out
★ Monday, April 26-Wednesday, April 28 – Virtual Interviews
If you are interested in this position, please reach out to me, Hazel Swisshelm, at firstname.lastname@example.org! I would love to talk about MUF&D and what opportunities and experiences this organization/ being the graphic design director has blessed me with these past few years.