OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National GeographicWe are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
- The Experience Design Intern will be an integrated part of the Product Experience team, contributing to award-winning and innovative digital products at an organization with a rich tradition of visual storytelling. They will gain an understanding of the experience design process from concept to completion, and will have the opportunity to work on user research, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design.
- Assist in the development of a design system for our digital properties that can be adopted by partners, third-party channels, and apps.
- Research and design incremental improvements to our storytelling templates and digital tools that can be easily utilized by editorial teams.
- Create detailed annotations and support developers in the translation of designs to components.
- A solid academic background in graphic design, user experience design, HCI, or a related field
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a desire to learn
- Ability to quickly dive in to new projects and support multiple workstreams
- Proficiency with Sketch
To participate in the Internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university, and be sophomore status or above
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company
- All interns must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and design portfolio detailing their qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.